View Full Version : intro dont work

01-25-2008, 09:04 PM
pls help, i got myself a intro for me and my buds new website. its all done in flash 8 ive uploaded the files to same location as my site but the intro does not run b 4 the site

01-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Although I'm not a fan of website intros (in general), you haven't given enough information for anyone to be able to help.

Ideally, a link to the site would be best.

1. What page have you placed the intro (.swf) on?
2. How have you placed the intro on the page?
3. How are planning on transitioning from the intro page to the main site page?

01-25-2008, 11:11 PM
hey thx for replying,, i have uploaded the fla, swf, and html from the intro to interscana.com. i have just uploaded them to the folder where i have placed interscana. the intro files are called home and my website files are called index. and finally how i plan to transition from intro to mainpage i have no clue, are there any one who can show me an exampel of html that will first play a intro

01-26-2008, 07:23 AM
First, never upload .fla to the site! That is the program file, and does nothing on the web except possibly cause someone to steal your work or to find a way to cause problems.

Ok so to do an introduction, you are basically playing a short movie. At the last frame of the video you should put this code on the frame

And the URL should be the link to the main page.

You need to have the intro page with the flash titled index.html, so it is the first page. Then upload the swf and html file.

01-26-2008, 05:29 PM
thanks alot, i have changed the intro files to index, and uploaded them to a folder called intro, i have another folder for the main page aswell, both folders on public_html. i also have deleded all fla files on the server, as you said, thanks for that one. so my question is the code u gave me here do i have to insert it in the project in flash or can i put in the thml for the intro. and to link the url, is that to put the subfolder add for the mainpage ior write it instead of "URL"

01-27-2008, 10:22 PM
You need to insert it in the FLA file, so you need to edit this in Flash. The HTML will not allow you access to add Actionscript code.

Yes, instead of 'url' in the quotes, put the entire link: for example http://something.com/home/page.php

01-28-2008, 05:25 PM
very cool i got it, thanks

01-28-2008, 11:35 PM
got it

02-04-2008, 11:40 PM
i cant seem to center my site left to right, it used to work but not any more, can any one help?? www.interscana.com/home.html

02-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Apply some CSS styles to the flashcontent div.....

#flashcontent {
text-align: center;

You'll have to apply more styles to work in every browser but you can search thru the HTML&CSS forum for how to align content in divs. A lot of people define a width for a div then give it a negative left margin which is half of that amount.

02-05-2008, 02:55 AM
no prob. thx man but where in the the html would i place it, kinda new, and for other browsers im not to worried yet, its just the windows im aming for, now

02-05-2008, 04:02 AM
Don't EDIT your post....someone else may have the same problem as you and may end up in this thread.

And windows is a platform not a browser...there are many browsers (Firefox, Explorer, Opera, Avant,etc.) under windows.

If you were to look at your code...you will see a similar section to what I have posted. Just look.