View Full Version : Possible to parse html text inside a textarea?

01-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi, I have a slight problem with an area of a CMS where I've just implemented a text editor (whizzywig) in some of my forms. The problem is that I provide my client with the option to edit any information which they are uploading to their site and if they wish to edit some existing content, then i retrieve the content from a database and pre-populate a textarea where they can then make amendments. However, now that I've added a text editor which generates html tags, when someone goes to edit content the textarea is prepopulated with the content and also the html tags - which is something i'd like to avoid. Is there any way to convert the html tags being displayed?

Any help would be great as i'm baffled with this one!

01-22-2008, 02:41 PM
i am not sure how it is done but i would recommend using tinymce this is what i use in my CMS.

01-22-2008, 10:04 PM
There's no way to do this strictly with HTML and CSS. You'd need to dynamically alter the style of the stuff in the textbox with javascript. mic2100's suggestion of TinyMCE is a prebuilt solution and one that I would probably use, too.