View Full Version : Effective 'About Us' web page

1andyw
01-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi,

I am looking for guidelines for composing an effective "About Us" section for our web site. Specifically, what information to include and how best to present the info.

I've been searching but haven't come up with a good query yet.

Thanks,

Andy

oesxyl
01-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi,

I am looking for guidelines for composing an effective "About Us" section for our web site. Specifically, what information to include and how best to present the info.

I've been searching but haven't come up with a good query yet.

Thanks,

Andy

why do you need a guideline? just describe who are you, the team and if you want insert some history about your team.

If you want a idea, try to avoid "We are a team of professionals", "the best", "leading comp....."
I suppose you must avoid "we are ugly", too, :)

For short, avoid patterns, :)

PS: less the 2% read "about us", but when they read they are very interested in working with you.

best regards

doctordew
01-20-2008, 07:21 PM
What is your site about? Take that and google it. Find other sites similar to your and look at their about us page. Instead of looking for a guide see what others are doing, and that will be a good start. You can add more if you like.

Apostropartheid
01-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Sound human.

Take a look @ A List Apart's article (http://www.alistapart.com/articles/aboutpagerobot/).

1andyw
01-22-2008, 03:30 PM
CyanLight,

Excellent source. I read through the comments and know where to go next. Thank you.

I have my work cut out for me!

Andy

doctordew
01-23-2008, 05:22 AM
I was reading this blog about blogging and came across this and remembered your post. If you still need help this may be a good link for you.

http://www.skelliewag.org/how-to-write-the-perfect-about-page-by-numbers-150.htm

1andyw
01-23-2008, 03:15 PM
doctordew,

I read through the blog and comments. Good info; thanks.

Andy

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum