View Full Version : two submit buttons, two locations?

Esona
01-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Hey,
I'm making a script in ASP right now, but came to a spot where I need some java help... As I have NO experience in Java I figured I'd come here.

I've got one form, 2 buttons, one button is a submit button that sends out the form, but the other button I want to use for a.. similar purpose, but I want it to go to a differant page.. here's what I've got

Form action goes to "save.asp"
input text box
input text box | input button 2
input submit button

Now I want that button 2 to go back to the same page it's currently at, but I want to be able to have it drag the text box info along with it.. any way I can do that?
Thanks,
-Ben

ez4ne12c
01-17-2003, 09:59 PM
huh?
you want
but the other button I want to use for a.. similar purpose, but I want it to go to a differant page..

Now I want that button 2 to go back to the same page it's currently at, but I want to be able to have it drag the text box info along with it..

You should read your post again its very confusing..
how does a button 'drag text with it' ?
how does anything go back to where its currently at?

I cant make any sense of your question
:confused:ez:confused:

Esona
01-17-2003, 10:02 PM
I guess I forgot this isn't an ASP masters class.. heh sorry

Drag the text along, basically I mean when your working with ASP, PHP, CGI etc, you can put in a code (blah = Request.Form("blah")) that you can get the text from the previous form..
To sum it up, I want the two buttons to be submit buttons, but one goes to a differant page

I tried Onclick="window.lcation='blahblah'", but that doesn't do the same as the actual submit button

ez4ne12c
01-17-2003, 10:17 PM
I have used something like
<a href='blah' onClick='javascript:document.results.submit();'>
before
ez

whammy
01-18-2003, 12:14 AM
<input type="button" value="Do something else!" onclick="document.formname.action='otherpage.asp';document.formname.submit()" />

;)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum