View Full Version : SEO: Text Link vs. Image Link

StupidRalph
01-19-2008, 07:03 PM
About to design a new site and I want to get good placements. Of course I'd be utilizing the title attribute of the <a> tag but I was wondering if a text link would be better than a image link since a bot could read the text and not a picture or does the alt text come into account.

harbingerOTV
01-19-2008, 08:07 PM
title on the a and alt on the image should do you fine.

oesxyl
01-19-2008, 08:16 PM
About to design a new site and I want to get good placements. Of course I'd be utilizing the title attribute of the <a> tag but I was wondering if a text link would be better than a image link since a bot could read the text and not a picture or does the alt text come into account.

depend of the proportion and importance between text and image in your content.
if your site is about sculpture, you have less text and less important then the photo of the sculptures so your main trafic, usefull trafic, will come from image search engine like google image, you must be friend with google image bot, and is important the file name, act as a keyword.
The text link case seems clear, :)
In both cases alt and title is important.

best regards

StupidRalph
01-31-2008, 09:17 PM
depend of the proportion and importance between text and image in your content.
if your site is about sculpture, you have less text and less important then the photo of the sculptures so your main trafic, usefull trafic, will come from image search engine like google image, you must be friend with google image bot, and is important the file name, act as a keyword.
The text link case seems clear, :)
In both cases alt and title is important.

best regards

:eek: Sculpture? Have you been peeking in on me while I'm working. It actually does (in a roundabout way) involve sculpture. Its an eCommerce art website. And I was wondering in terms of the navigation links. Never really considered all of the image bots.

oesxyl
01-31-2008, 09:53 PM
:eek: Sculpture? Have you been peeking in on me while I'm working. It actually does (in a roundabout way) involve sculpture. Its an eCommerce art website. And I was wondering in terms of the navigation links. Never really considered all of the image bots.

I have such a site, :). Is not e-commerce, is an artist gallery, sculptures, it's 2 years old, was made by somebody else without any idea about seo, I take the client last month and now is work in progress. The client is a friend of mine and I bet with him that in 6 moth will make money from this site, :)

best regards

sabian1982
01-31-2008, 09:54 PM
A text based link is still far superior over any image (whether the image has a keyword in its name and/or an alt tag assigned).

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum