View Full Version : Looking for good homemade stat counter

Ricky158
01-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi. The title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for help in creating a homemade stat counter that stores information about users (the basics; IP, browser, etc). Also, I'm wondering how much more work it would be to analyze those stats too, such as getting monthly averages of users, most popular browsers, things like that. Lastly, what kind of coding language is generally used for this type of project?

oesxyl
01-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Hi. The title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for help in creating a homemade stat counter that stores information about users (the basics; IP, browser, etc). Also, I'm wondering how much more work it would be to analyze those stats too, such as getting monthly averages of users, most popular browsers, things like that. Lastly, what kind of coding language is generally used for this type of project?

the info are allready in your server log file, the project must:
- analize the log and extract data
- make statistics
allready are some package for this, look first to see if on of them do what you need
the language is usualy perl, and/or c.

best regards

myownfreeweb.co
01-25-2008, 12:42 AM
Your C-panel should already have stats in it, if not try Google Analytics, it's pretty good.

outseeker
02-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Yeah easy best stats u will get is from www.google.com/analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics)
Free 2 register, add their code to the bottom of your pages and you get maajor statistics. I love the world map feature, where it shows where everyone came from :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum