View Full Version : how to prevent internet explorer security warning

ratareina
01-18-2008, 02:27 AM
when i put rollover buttons or rolldown menubars in my pages, internet explorer says "to help protect your security, internet explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts of activex controls that could access your computer. click here for options"

ofcourse, once you click, and allow blocked content, the sit runs smoothly, but when i look at other sites with rollovers or dropdowns, they dont give that warning. whats causing the warning, and how can i prevent it on my sites?

Excavator
01-18-2008, 03:01 AM
when i put rollover buttons or rolldown menubars in my pages, internet explorer says "to help protect your security, internet explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts of activex controls that could access your computer. click here for options"

ofcourse, once you click, and allow blocked content, the sit runs smoothly, but when i look at other sites with rollovers or dropdowns, they dont give that warning. whats causing the warning, and how can i prevent it on my sites?

That's from running js for your rollovers. It should only be a local thing and won't happen when you load the page from the server.

medigerati
01-18-2008, 03:23 AM
I can second this. It's a security precaution to stop scripts from running locally on your machine. This will go away once you put it on a server.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum