View Full Version : SpotConsole / SpotXbox - Console Games News / Reviews Site!

01-17-2008, 07:53 PM
I have created two sites:

What do ya' think?

There is more sites to come, like SpotPlaystation, SpotNintendo...

01-17-2008, 10:59 PM
I don't really like the list-menu items. They look so...dull.

Otherwise it's tasteful :P

01-19-2008, 06:41 AM
Yeah, need a hover effect. Change the bg image.

01-19-2008, 03:48 PM
I think you need some blank space on the bottom of the page so that the advertisements don't grind with the end of the page.

01-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Yeah, i was thinking it needed some variation at the bottom.

I will add that soon, and i will take a look into the navigation, apart from that?

Is it looking ok?

01-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Another thing I'd like to comment on is the placement of the search bar. Conventionally, they're closer to the top of the page for ease of use. Also, perhaps the SpotConsole graphic in the top left should be a hyperlink to the Home page so users can quickly navigate back there. Other than those minor details it looks good, next step is to get more content!

01-21-2008, 01:37 AM
Yeah I'm trying to put more content on all the time but I can't update the site's as freqently as they need to be (if anyones interested pm me).

One last thing, and I know this looks and sounds really spammerish but if you like the site or have a games console then please join, it is quite a new site and we are struggling to get members (www.spotconsole.com).

01-21-2008, 02:27 AM
On both sites on the front page in the right column 'Top Memeber:' is mistyped

Your search isn't working on spotxbox:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'name LIKE '%Search%'' at line 1