View Full Version : date concatenation problem

o0O0o.o0O0o
01-14-2008, 04:19 AM
hi friends ,

I am concatenating the day and month of the year to change the delivery day in case of public holiday

the code i am using is

$pbDate2 = date('d')+$i;
$pbMon2 = date('m');

if($pbDate2 > 31)
{ $pbDate2 = $pbDate2 - 31;
$pbMon2 = $pbMon2 + 1;
if($pbMon2 >12)
$pbMon2 = $pbMon2-12 ;
}
$pbDate2 = $pbDate2.$pbMon2;

The problem is e.g

if my delivery day start fro 28 dec and gos to 3 january and there is holiday on 2 jan

then pbdate2 variable will return "21"
2 for day and 1 for month

The problem occured when date is 1 jan , then month variable is returned as 01 and the variable becomes 201.

This problem occured yhis year and there are customers who placed orders for 2 januray on 1 january. I check from december month but not on 1 january.

Any simple solution?

Fou-Lu
01-14-2008, 05:16 AM
I don't quite understand what you are doing, but once you determine if a holiday exists within a time period, you can simply run an strtotime and add a day to your current timestamp values. This assumes you use a timestamp of course, otherwise you just do some date format and comparisons between the two.
I assume the idea is that you select items to purchase or whatever, and select a delivery type which has a different time for delivery, say 5 days. If within the 5 day period you have a holiday, it ends up being 6 days, am I right? If so, this idea will work, just determine if a holiday exists (no I don't want to write that up on the fly ;)), then take your original delivery date and add a +1 on an strtotime to it, should work like a charm (I used that on a project to cheap out on a two week period so I didn't need to error check it off the form).

$newDate = strtotime("+1 day", $originalDeliveryDate);

is an example of what to do. Check the site for strtotime, there is a link to GNU standards for what the date format in english can look like, there are a lot of options. Frankly, the date() functionality of PHP impresses me far more than most of the other languages that I've used...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum