View Full Version : advanced onmouseover

01-17-2003, 06:06 AM
hello all,

i am trying to code my site by hand (dreamweaverless) but i am stuck with how to have more than one mouseover event. that is, i have a rollover image and i also want to set the status bar text on that rollover.

why ? i think it looks more professional, but i dont know if it can be done, i have tried everything, i even resorted to dreamweaver and golive but to no avail.

i also wrote a simple date time status bar script that loaded with onload, and recalled with onMouseOut but after a second of hovering on link without moving off it, the function was called, and the status showed the date time script ?

can anyone help with this quandry pls ?

<a href="main.html" onMouseOver="window.status='.... status text ....';return true" onMouseOut="window.status='';return true">HOME</a>

01-17-2003, 01:20 PM
I don't understand very well your question, but if it was how to launch more than one event onmousever, you only need to use ;

<a href="main.html" onMouseOver="window.status='.... status text ....';RolloverFunction();return true"

01-17-2003, 01:42 PM
please see code below - it doesnt work :(

all i get onMouseOver is the directory of the link, i also have the onMouseOut in body onLoad and it seems to be working but the mouseOver is not

any ideas ?

<a href="main.html" onMouseOut="window.status=..status text ..';ImgRestore()" onMouseOver="window.status='..status text..;swapImage('home','','images/home_1.gif',0)">

01-17-2003, 01:46 PM
doublecheck your (')'s quotes

01-17-2003, 01:48 PM
sorry bout that it was a miss-post i actually have all the ' in the right spot => but it would appear i forgot to return true :o