View Full Version : Simple XML-RPC Server - How?

01-13-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm looking to script a very simple XML-RPC server so that I can post blog posts remotely to my site using Flickr. I'm able to find a lot of XML-RPC client tutorials out there, but nothing to actually receive data from an external site and act as a server so I'm stuck for how to do it.

If anyone has implemented a similar solution, I would love to know!

01-13-2008, 02:29 PM
I do not know specifically but you may want to look into the Zend Framework as it has a class.

01-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Is there not anything simpler than this? I'm really looking for something very basic - even just an idea in principal about how to do it - rather than a class that's likely to contain a lot of extra code I don't need.

01-13-2008, 09:35 PM
the manual page for the ZF component makes it pretty simple to use.

I don't want to sound rude, but maybe if that's too complicated for you, you should look at something simpler than XMLRPC?

01-13-2008, 11:33 PM
It's not too complicated, it's just I'm all for code efficiency and don't want a bloated system if I can help it. I'll take a look into it anyway, and see if I can trim it down.

If I were to look at something other than XML-RPC, what would you suggest?

01-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Just as a sidenote, the Zend Framework is a glue framework and can be used component based. So if you just wanted to pull out the XMLRPC class and use it solely you could.