View Full Version : Simple XML-RPC Server - How?

Sicton
01-13-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm looking to script a very simple XML-RPC server so that I can post blog posts remotely to my site using Flickr. I'm able to find a lot of XML-RPC client tutorials out there, but nothing to actually receive data from an external site and act as a server so I'm stuck for how to do it.

If anyone has implemented a similar solution, I would love to know!

Thanks!

StupidRalph
01-13-2008, 02:29 PM
I do not know specifically but you may want to look into the Zend Framework as it has a class.
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.xmlrpc.server.html

Sicton
01-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Is there not anything simpler than this? I'm really looking for something very basic - even just an idea in principal about how to do it - rather than a class that's likely to contain a lot of extra code I don't need.

GJay
01-13-2008, 09:35 PM
the manual page for the ZF component makes it pretty simple to use.

I don't want to sound rude, but maybe if that's too complicated for you, you should look at something simpler than XMLRPC?

Sicton
01-13-2008, 11:33 PM
It's not too complicated, it's just I'm all for code efficiency and don't want a bloated system if I can help it. I'll take a look into it anyway, and see if I can trim it down.

If I were to look at something other than XML-RPC, what would you suggest?

StupidRalph
01-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Just as a sidenote, the Zend Framework is a glue framework and can be used component based. So if you just wanted to pull out the XMLRPC class and use it solely you could.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum