View Full Version : preloading script

g00fy
01-17-2003, 05:53 AM
hello all,

i am using the preload images script from this site with the live update bar ( http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/preloadimage2.shtml , and instead of showing the percentage loaded in the status bar i would like to show it inside the progress bar (i've seen this done b4 somewhere but cant remember where :( ) or underneath the progress bar. something like : xx% Loaded.

also is it possible to postpone the redirection for n seconds ? because my preload is fairly quick and you dont get time to read the page, i would only need to delay the redirection for about 5 secs after the preloading is finished.

TIA

g00fy

Borgtex
01-17-2003, 01:30 PM
to pospone the redirection, you can use setTimeout

function checkLoad() {
if (pending) { changeto(); return }
if (currCount == imgLen) {setTimeout('location.replace(locationAfterPreload)',5000) ; return }

but isn't it a contradiction use a preload script to speed things up and then add an artificial delay?

g00fy
01-17-2003, 01:46 PM
thank you - works gr8

as 4 the contradiction i really dont like splash pages so i thought i could do something with it behind the scenes and preload my images - but they are optimised and not very large so the message on the splash was flying by.

thanx again

g00fy

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum