View Full Version : Pushing to bottom of page

01-09-2008, 01:25 AM
On my page here:

I would like to push that footer box to the very bottom of the page, even with the empty space above it. My google searches turned up a bunch of pages with hacks that would accomplish this, implying that it cant be done without them. I figured I'd post here and see if anyone knows of a way to do this without IE hacks and such. The footer should be about 100px tall at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I dont want to use absolute positioning because I don't want to through off the page's flow.

01-09-2008, 01:36 AM
Hello thesavior,
If that's all the content your going to have then a simple 100% height might work ok for you.
If your going to have more content in there then this is how I do it: http://nopeople.com/CSS/full-height-layout/

01-09-2008, 02:10 AM
I must be missing something, I added in some of your lines to my footer, and didnt see anything else in your css that looked like it would make much of a display difference, but it obviously did. Can you point me in the right direction with where I'm missing the key element that is keeping my footer from dropping?

01-09-2008, 02:39 AM
The CSS for #footer brings the footer back UP.
The settings for html, body, #wrap and * html #wrap push the page to the bottom of the browser window.