View Full Version : Rollover weirdness in IE6 (maybe IE5.5)

JudyDesign
01-08-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm soooo close to getting my PNG rollovers to work in IE 6. The button at the bottom of this page (http://www.goh-inc.com/testnewsite/index4.htm) works correctly in Firefox and IE7. However, in IE6, the background position changes slightly, but not the amount it's supposed to. Weird. Does anyone know what's going on with that? :confused:

jcdevelopment
01-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Have you tried making the div intranetButton to have a z-index. It could possibly be behind the footer for some reason..

JudyDesign
01-08-2008, 04:02 PM
No, it's never behind the footer. The background position just changes a different amount from IE7 to IE6.

jcdevelopment
01-08-2008, 04:05 PM
then i imagine a nice hack will have to do

<!--[if lte IE 6]>
#intranetbutton a {
background:transparent url('img/helmet.png') no-repeat;
background-position: whatever works;
width:107px;
height:90px;
position:absolute;
margin-top:-90px;
right:0px;
}
#intranetbutton a:hover {
width:117px;
}<![endif]-->

i imagine that might work if that is what you are looking for, if you have tried that then nevermind!!

JudyDesign
01-08-2008, 04:09 PM
I just tried that. That just screws up firefox, and doesn't change IE6 at all...

jcdevelopment
01-08-2008, 04:16 PM
now im confused, using that has never affected FF. this is what i found when validating it

img, #intranetbutton, #intranetbutton a {
behavior: url(img/iepngfix.htc);
}

maybe IE6 doesnt recognize it for some reason..
does anything happen when u take it out?

_Aerospace_Eng_
01-08-2008, 04:38 PM
You can't put conditional comments directly in a stylesheet. You need to add them as their own stylesheet

<!--[if lte IE 6]>
<style type="text/css">
#intranetbutton a {
background:transparent url('img/helmet.png') no-repeat;
width:107px;
height:90px;
position:absolute;
margin-top:-90px;
right:0px;
}
#intranetbutton a:hover {
width:117px;
}
</style>
<![endif]-->

jcdevelopment
01-08-2008, 04:39 PM
awwww, that is true, i didnt even think about that. Good call aerospace, thats why you are supreme....

JudyDesign
01-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Looking at it again, I just realized that I don't think background position is working at all. The width changes to accommodate a larger glow on rollover, but the width changing on IE6 just gives the impression that it's moving...

EDIT: Any recommendations on getting background-position to work in IE6? Seems like it's supposed to work in IE6 anyway!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum