View Full Version : Table border problem IE

colinexl
01-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi All,

I've attached two pictures showing what the problem is. The one on the left is from FF, the right is from IE.

I'm using YUI dataTable and the table renders in IE with ugly borders around the cell, but in FF it renders properly.

If I put "border-collapse: collapse" property, then the ugly borders go away in IE.

However, it will also collapse the border for my "thead" rows, which I do not want.

Is there another way to collapse the borders in IE without collapsing the "thead" borders?

Thanks,
Colin

jcdevelopment
01-04-2008, 08:10 PM
is there a link or possibly some code to post along just so we could take a look at it?

colinexl
01-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Okay, I just made a temporary page. Here it is:

http://colinsays.com/test/tables.html

The problem only occurs in IE.

Thanks for any help!

jcdevelopment
01-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, i have tried everything using CSS Vista, the best thing to do is try and add spacing(cellspacing) in the thead tag. Although i dont know if you can do that. Perhaps make the thead a seperate table and then add spacing. Im not sure why FF is correctly doing it but IE wont. Its almost as if FF is better..... hmmmmm?

colinexl
01-04-2008, 11:14 PM
LOL! Thanks for the reply. Yah I don't know why FF is so much better than IE. Mystery of the century.

colinexl
01-04-2008, 11:59 PM
I tried to add cellspacing inside the TH tag. But I don't think that is valid.

I also cannot separate the tables because the THEAD is used by YUI to do sort the columns.

I guess there's not other ways around this? =(

colinexl
01-25-2008, 01:21 AM
any other ideas?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum