View Full Version : Unable to retrieve session values initially, when Tomcat Server is started

01-02-2008, 07:24 AM

I am trying to retrieve the uploaded file path using session, Initially when TOMCAT Server is started, i will upload a file using a JSP page and will store to server and using session.setAttribute("FilePaht"); will store the uploaded file path to Session.

Uploading of File i am doing in JSP page using iFrame:
I am calling the Upload.html file on click of a button in a JSP page Bar.jsp using an iFrame in it .

Question? when i tried to retrieve the uploaded file path which is stored in session, i am gettting Errors
Jasper Exception
Java.lang.NullPointer Exception.

However When i tried uploading a file directly using Upload.html page and tried to retrieve the session value its working, i am able to retireve the session value (uploaded file path).

I want to know whether, i need to set any mehtods initially to check the uploading of file once server is started ?

Any help will be appreicated ..

Thank You

Philip M
01-02-2008, 09:28 AM
This is the JavaScript forum. Java and Javascript are entirely different programming languages, in spite of the confusingly similar names. Perhpas a mod will move this post to the correct forum.