View Full Version : php.ini file size change on restart?

thindrakhya
12-31-2007, 05:16 AM
hi guys ,

I have currently changed the file upload size in the php.ini file.
I tried restarting the Apache server and then checked that file size has not changed.

Then i restarted the system and then file size got changed.

Why is this so . Is the restarting of apache server not enough or every time we make in php.ini we have to restart the system

One more thing i have my account on godaddy , they give the custom php.ini file. Same problrm is there. I have changed the file size there on .ini file , but that change has not been updated.

Now i can't restart their whole system as i am on shared hosting.
Whats the way to solve this problem

oesxyl
12-31-2007, 05:26 AM
hi guys ,

I have currently changed the file upload size in the php.ini file.
I tried restarting the Apache server and then checked that file size has not changed.

Then i restarted the system and then file size got changed.

Why is this so . Is the restarting of apache server not enough or every time we make in php.ini we have to restart the system

One more thing i have my account on godaddy , they give the custom php.ini file. Same problrm is there. I have changed the file size there on .ini file , but that change has not been updated.

Now i can't restart their whole system as i am on shared hosting.
Whats the way to solve this problem

usualy your configuration will be overwritten with the default setting of the server( hosting ), and if this your case you can't do anything.
A support request, maybe could help.

best regards and happy new year

mchollan
03-25-2009, 04:38 AM
Try changing your php.ini file to php5.ini

sea4me
03-25-2009, 07:14 AM
dude...

not to be offensive or anything but this post is like 2007 and we are now in 2009 ;)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum