View Full Version : Deforming lines on guides

Active X
12-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi to all guys reading this ,

I'm on to make an animation that has a line that I want it to move and deform itself ona motion guide . I don't want in to be only in touch with the guide in just one point .

Will be too thankful to your helps

01-01-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm sorry, I just don't quite understand what you are asking for? Do you want a tutorial about motion guides or for us to explain it?

01-02-2008, 11:45 PM
It sounds like you're wanting a shape tween over a motion tween. When you use shape tweens, there are special things called shape hints. Check out the Flash help file to get you where you need to go on that.

Active X
01-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Suppose that I've drawn a line with gradient of white to sky blue , which acts as a wind blow , Understand ?

Now I want it to blow . I don't want it to move straightly . I want it to be bent over a motion guide . Coming into screen straightly , go up and move backward and move straightly again ,
Like the old techinique that aircraft pilots used for going in back of their enemy craft .

I must have explained as well as needed .

Thankful to any help

01-07-2008, 05:27 AM
Try this link (http://www.echoecho.com/flashtweenings01.htm).

Active X
01-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks for your help ,

It really helped me , I ALMOST found what I was looking for .

I think my problem can't be solved this way . I want a line to move on a path that has a straight part and a curve after that . I want a bolder line to move on this line(path) , and when it arrives to the curve , It has to bend itself to be inshape of that curve .

Suppose you want to create an animation , demonstrating the flow of water in a pipe . Then what would you do for moving the water in curves ?

Do you know what do I mean ?

01-15-2008, 08:34 PM
I do. The best thing I could offer would be to try a mix of the two: to use a guide up to the point at which it needs to bend then use a shape tween to bend it. Either that or try using a mask, maybe? Look up how some people do animated signatures in flash and you'll see what I mean.