View Full Version : dreamweaver mx 2004: I choose DESIGNER .... How I switch to CODER ?

lse123
12-18-2007, 12:59 AM
When I install dreamweaver mx 2004 and firstly start it , I choose DESIGNER .... How I switch to CODER ?

VIPStephan
12-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Choose the workspace layout (Windows)

You can switch to a different workspace at any time.

Select Window > Workspace Layout, and select any of the following workspace layouts:

Designer An integrated workspace using MDI (Multiple Document Interface), in which all Document windows and panels are integrated into one larger application window, with the panel groups docked on the right.

Coder The same integrated workspace as Designer, but with the panel groups docked on the left, in a layout similar to that used by Adobe® HomeSite® and ColdFusion, and with the Document window showing Code view by default.

Note: You can dock panel groups on either side of the workspace in either layout.

Dual Screen Lets you organize a layout if you have a secondary monitor. This layout puts all panels on the secondary monitor, and keeps the Document window and Property inspector on the primary monitor.

Should be similar with MX.

lse123
12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
i do NOT see "Window > Workspace Layout" in "Window" menu , well ?

Pennimus
12-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Ah, apparently VIPStevens subtle "F1" hint was not enough?

Search the help files, you will get an answer much quicker.

Apostropartheid
12-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Aren't there the designer, split and coder buttons at the bottom left in MX 2004? I never used it, but in FP2003 & Dw CS3 it was.

VIPStephan
12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
This isn’t about the design/code view it’s about the entire workspace layout, i.e. where the side panels are placed etc. Read the quote I posted above for more details.

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-18-2007, 08:50 PM
This isn’t about the design/code view it’s about the entire workspace layout, i.e. where the side panels are placed etc. Read the quote I posted above for more details.

Umm...yes it is. Reread the OP's first post. It says when they first start DW, they chose Design View. Now they are wanting to switch to code view.

VIPStephan
12-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Umm...yes it is. Reread the OP's first post. It says when they first start DW, they chose Design View. Now they are wanting to switch to code view.

Well… my interpretation of “When I install dreamweaver mx 2004 and firstly start it” is that the OP installed it and ran the program the first time. I seem to remember that in Windows on the first run of DW after the installation it is asking you to choose the preferred workspace layout: Designer or Coder.

Now what?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum