View Full Version : Layout

12-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi guys!

I have come to think that my current site, behrentzs.com is way too dark. Therefore I wanted to create something light and nice.

I started to research about round corners, but found that the techniques provided were way too difficult - therefore I started to experiment and ended up doing it my own way - and it actually works, so I'm a bit proud of myself :)

Anyways, I just want to know if you think it looks nice or not. Do the colors match? Are the corners round enough, or too square-like? And do you think it looks better than the current one @ behrentzs.com?? It's far from finished, but I want to know if I should continue to develop on it or if it looks like crap.

Any suggestions and comments are highly appriciated.

12-17-2007, 03:00 PM
This looks neat enough. My only quibble is the contrast between the grey background and black text.

As an aside, what is this thing about round corners? Why is everyone so keen on them? I have never had any problems with square corners. Perhaps it is because I am square!

John Rostron

12-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks !

Yeah, I might consider another color for the text, but I can always change that.

Well, I'm usually one of the "squares" too, and that has been the same with all my recent sites. Therefore i wanted to try something new, rounded corners! Only therefore :)

12-17-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm just wondering whether the amount of contrast here is actually worth the corners.

The font looks a bit plain, & I'd like to see some colour injected into it! But it's quite soothing

12-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Well I like the original but my only critique would be to change the colour of the navigation background - it is hard to tell the navigation (black) from the body background (black)

Good luck with whatever you do.

12-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback everybody, I'll look into it!