View Full Version : What's the uses?

CRASH_OVERRIDE
01-14-2003, 11:09 PM
I just recently started learning Java- a great programming language. I have heard and read up on some other languages, and was just wondering what their uses were: Python, SOAP, C#, and Ruby. Are any of them capable of the Windows platform, and what are they used for?

codefox
01-15-2003, 06:36 AM
Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language. I just started learning it and I kind of like it. It has a style unique to itself. I see people generally use python as a substitute for perl or tcl.

SOAP is Simple Object Access Protocol, not a programming language by itself. It's like XML in a sense. In fact it's XML based. It's used for passing information in distributed environments. For example, you can use it with HTTP to exchange server and client information.

C# - Haven't used it yet. But as far as I know C# is to the .NET common language runtime as Java is to JVM. Simply put, it's another object-oriented programming language.

Ruby is an object-oriented scripting language and that's what I know about it
:D

CRASH_OVERRIDE
01-16-2003, 11:15 PM
Thanks- I think perl is a bit more fun than python looks... But I have used a little of C# when I tried to learn ASP.NET... Wasted my money trying to get involved with that '.net' dung. Just wondered if C# was the next version of C++ or something. :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum