View Full Version : MM-FW MX 2004: export preview checkboxes (jpg) + Smoothing + matte

lse123
12-12-2007, 02:43 PM
>> What is best, "export preview" to setup for 600x450 photos jpg of an online Photo store ? I use FIREWORKS MX 2004.
-----------------------------------
I have setup "No smoothing" , checked:"Sharpen color edges", unchecked:"Progressive browser display", matte: white , well these settings are correct, about, for photos 700x500 or 600x450 of an online Photo store ?

VIPStephan
12-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Are these photos gonna be the preview images for the actual photos to download?

My experience is that at a quality value of 86% the quality is tremendously better than at 85%. Somehow there’s a big step between those two values. However, if the photos are really good quality shots by themselves, and for smaller file size you can also use lower quality for preview images.

Then, uncheck “sharpen color edges” as this ain’t necessary for preview images and might make them unnecessarily large. However, check “progressive browser display” as this is like interlaced display for GIFs or PNGs and causes a smoother loading of the images. Instead from top to bottom it’ll load the images in their complete dimensions but from “blurry” to “sharp”.

Don’t worry about a matte since JPEGs don’t have a transparency where this could matter. Smoothing and that stuff is more for your personal preference. If an image has a bad quality then smoothing might make it a little less obvious. Otherwise I would just leave it at zero.

lse123
12-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Are these photos gonna be the preview images for the actual photos to download? YES
ACTUAL PHOTOS:2400X1620

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum