View Full Version : Noob CSS Print Question

jaime-eduardo
12-11-2007, 07:03 PM
I have created a CSS for printing purpouses, however certian font formats will not increase.

The text I would like to make larger begins with SunMan Engineering offers a wide variety of Mechanical..... So the obvious answer is to increase the font size from 8pt however it will not increase the text im speaking of (ive tried it)

Heres the link
http://www.sunmantechnology.com/services_mp.html

Heres the print.css

body, p, td, th, ul, a {
background-color: #fff;
color: #000;
font-family: "Arial", arial, serif;
font-size: 8pt;
}
#blkFlashBtn {
display : none;
}
#content {
width: 100%;
border: none;
}

Apostropartheid
12-11-2007, 07:20 PM
What's the point if you're not going to put a different font size in for us to see what's wrong?

Arbitrator
12-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I have created a CSS for printing purpouses, however certian font formats will not increase.Try font-size: 8pt !important;. The declaration is probably being overridden by a more important declaration somewhere.

Tangential Information

font-family: "Arial", arial, serif;
font-size: 8pt;

[]

You can condense the font-family and font-size properties into the font shorthand property. Example: font: 8pt "Arial", arial, serif;. The same goes for the background properties: background: #fff or background: white.
I would expect "Arial", arial to be redundant due to case‐insensitivity (and unnecessarily verbose due to quotation marks).
You may have mis‐declared the generic font family fallback; you are aware that Arial is a sans‐serif font rather than a serif font, right?

Apostropartheid
12-11-2007, 07:51 PM
answer is to increase the font size from 8pt however

You're just not setting the font size higher than 8pt. How else do you expect it to work? Or have you misphrased the question?

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Here is where that font-size is set btw.

#content p {
margin-bottom: 15px;
font-size: 11px;
color:#666666;
}
I'm guessing you didn't code the layout yourself.

jaime-eduardo
12-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Try font-size: 8pt !important;. The declaration is probably being overridden by a more important declaration somewhere.

That seemed to do the trick... thanks for the help guys,

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum