View Full Version : Flash, ActiveX and too many clicking...

evo
12-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey all,

My mate (no really... :P) can't get this flash thing to work - IE and Opera kept saying that you need to click the object before enabling it.

He's tried numerous work arounds but can't get it to work.

I've uploaded the files all onto www.mudsplat.com/html.zip.

I haven't worked html in a while so have no idea. Any help?

harbingerOTV
12-11-2007, 01:07 PM
i didnt look at your file but it sounds like you need swfobject.

http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/

evo
12-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah, we saw that, but we can't get it to work. It just shows the error and that's it.

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Read the documentation on that site. It has tons of examples. Perhaps implement the code into your site and let us know so we can tell you where you might have gone wrong. It does work because I currently use it on all of the sites I've done that require flash.

Apostropartheid
12-11-2007, 06:09 PM
IE had an argument with someone (ErgoSoft or something? Anyway...) and now can't automatically activate an ActiveX object. However, I've heard of some tools that bypass this. Is SWFObject one?

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Yes because it uses JS to write the code for the flash.

evo
12-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Well I can't seem to view flash on your site - it just shows the header.

This thing just isn't working. I've tried to do it myself and no luck. With java, it doesnt even write.

harbingerOTV
12-11-2007, 07:30 PM
<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
var so = new SWFObject("support_files/templates/default/swf/menu.swf", "menu_v1", "874", "100&#37;", "76", "#a6cfed");
so.addParam("quality", "high");
so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
so.addParam("salign", "t");
so.write("flashcontent");
// ]]>
</script>

you need something like:

<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
var so = new SWFObject("support_files/templates/default/swf/menu.swf", "menu_v1", "780", "76", "0", "#a6cfed");
so.addParam("quality", "high");
so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
so.addParam("salign", "t");
so.write("flashcontent");
// ]]>
</script>

I'm not exactly sure what the third number is but you had the 100% as the height and that was messing it up. And the 76 you had in there is what was making it completely not show up.

edit : ah it's a version of flash. I've always left it at 6 on everysite I used it on, and never had any issues. heck using 0 doesnt seem to bother it either so...

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Well I can't seem to view flash on your site - it just shows the header.

This thing just isn't working. I've tried to do it myself and no luck. With java, it doesnt even write.

Thats all the flash is. Its just a header. If you reload the page again you get a static image.

Its not working in your zip file well because you used 76 for the flash version. Flash is only up to 9.

evo
12-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Hehe whoops. Guess we mixed that up with the height. /shy

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum