View Full Version : How do I display a different page based on resolution?

12-06-2007, 05:00 PM
So, I'm in the process of making another site, I was hoping to do it all in HTML/CSS, with a liquid layout, so it could be viewed (properly) at any resolution... So far, it's not working out. ;)

My question is, what would be the best way to display the proper page, based on resolution? Javascript to detect their resolution? Just ask the user to select their resolution? :/ Making images and everything for several resolutions isn't a problem, I'm just not sure how to go about displaying the proper version.

12-06-2007, 05:04 PM
If it a liquid layout, you shouldn't have to worry too much about browser resolution, the site would adjust to the size of the browser. However, once you've started using the liquid layout, all your measurement values should be in percents.

12-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Generally your images will stay the same, whatever resolution you're using. There are simply too many different screens for this to work effectively.

12-06-2007, 09:29 PM
One way to handle it is to set up floated divs that will appear side by side if the browser is wide enough and which appear below one another if the browser is narrower.