View Full Version : Getting form elements to hide behind DHTML Menu (urgent)

MrBrett
01-14-2003, 02:53 AM
Hi All

I know this issue has been around awhile and there are some solutions but I would really like to find a more rock solid solution. I have a DHTML menu which is created dynamically so it has no fixed size.

The problem is with Form elements and Flash and getting the menu to consistently display over the top of both in IE & Netscape at least. I managed to get the menu to be over the top of Flash in IE4+ but nothing else. I cannot find any solution for form elements along these lines.

The only solution I have and that can find that will work (but looks awful) is to hide the form/flash elements when you open the menu.

PLEASE help, any info will be much appreciated. I look forward to hearing other ppl's solutions to this problem as I'm sure you have encountered them before.

-Brett

jkd
01-14-2003, 04:33 AM
Please read this before posting next time.

http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12631

Moving to the Javascript Programming forum.

brothercake
01-14-2003, 02:18 PM
For IE5.5 and 6 you have the "createPopup" method - this creates a new window, hence it's not affected by the problem. You could write your menu content into each popup as you create it, using innerHTML

For gecko it's not a problem anyway

For other browsers there is no solution (afaik) ... except ... you could abandon the forms entirely and create your own list-selectors in DHTML.

MrBrett
01-15-2003, 10:03 AM
To JDK:

Sorry! as I thought the answer would most likely involve the DOM I posted it here, I will be more careful in future

To brothercake:

Cheers for the response, i'll think about it more :p

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum