View Full Version : Not being informed of replies.

bazz
11-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Hi,

I have noticed over the past two days or so, that I am not being notified of replies to my subscribed threads. I have checked that my email address is still current and that my cache is cleared (I use webmail) and it still seems to happen(or rather not happen).

I wouldn't be so concerned but it is harder to keep track of others' threads without this feature and so it is harder to continnue to give/offer help. I know what threads I have started and can track them down easily but, to help others, I need it to work. No idea why it stopped working so any tips help or pointers would be welcomed.

bazz

Aceramic
11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
I've experienced this on other forums before, and have yet to figure out what causes it. It just seems to fix itself after a while.

rmedek
12-01-2007, 09:03 PM
The same is happening to me…I don't get any email notifications. The funny thing is I swear it happened gradually—last week I remember there were only a few times I thought, "huh, why didn't I get an email?" and now I get none at all.

binaryWeapon
12-02-2007, 12:09 AM
I have noticed the same thing!

Inigoesdr
12-02-2007, 12:36 AM
I don't know if it's related, but I stopped getting PM notifications a few days ago. :(

CFMaBiSmAd
12-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Are all of everyone's User CP settings correct? That would help pin the problem down to account settings or the Forum's email server/settings (given the recent hacking that the forum suffered.)

WA
12-02-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm looking into this, since members have also been emailing me about not getting their password reminder/ email change confirmation emails. And apparently, new member activation emails aren't being sent all the time either.

Inigoesdr
12-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Are all of everyone's User CP settings correct?

Yep, and I checked my spam mail too. :)

Excavator
12-03-2007, 01:42 AM
Hello all,
I've been a member since '06 and I've never gotten email notification for anything.
I've been to my userCP several times to enable it but...

WA
12-03-2007, 11:47 AM
I've confirmed there in fact is a problem right now with the mailing functions on CF. New member registrations for the past few days have all been stuck at the "Awaiting Confirmation" stage thanks to it. When it pours it rains I guess lol. Working with host to fix the problem.

WA
12-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Ok, the email related functions of vBulletin should now work again. If anyone has any issues, just post em here.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum