View Full Version : The Part Designer Part Programer

srule_
11-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Well I got a problem! I have spend the past 5 months learning web technologies and I have found out my design skills are not to hot! On the other Hand I have knowledge of PHP and can develop basic apps but I do not feel like I am good enough to offer this service to clients.

So what do I do? My XHTML/CSS is great but my designs suck, and my PHP/MySQL is alright but not good enough.

Obviously I got to keep studying php, but what about in the mean time? You got any suggestions?

bcarl314
11-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Partner up with people who can fill in where you need help. I like to think I'm a pretty solid PHP / MySQL guy, but I totally suck at design. So I've partnered up with several people to help with design, flash, and other stuff as needed. The nice thing is, they usually suck at programming, so we end up handing a lot of work back and forth.

ilkafrv
11-28-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm a good coder but lacking of design skill, If you want, we can be partner and make some real thing.

saeed
11-28-2007, 11:24 AM
...So what do I do? My XHTML/CSS is great but my designs suck, and my PHP/MySQL is alright but not good enough....

being a designer and being a developer are entirely two different profession... to me developing side is bit boring ... if you think that u're creative that stick with designing ... else

get some expertise in XHTML and CSS (Validation n all) then move to PHP and MYSQL.

HTH :thumbsup:

Saeed.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum