View Full Version : VBScript not executing in firefox/opera

DakotaChick
11-24-2007, 06:20 PM
For some reason some vscripts I have written into a few of my pages wont fire when the page is opened in Firefox or Opera. Everything works flawlessly in IE but Firefox and Opera are giving me a head ache. Is there any reason these pages wont work in Firefox/Opera?

Turn 2 Design - Online Quote Form (http://turn2designsc.com/quote.asp)

Forgive the lack of content, I still have the site attached to the development db.

Grant Palin
11-26-2007, 02:00 AM
Client-side vbscript only works in Internet Explorer. To make it interoperable for other browsers, you should convert it to JavaScript.

DakotaChick
11-26-2007, 04:52 AM
Seeing as the only javascript I "know" is what I can copy and paste for window pops and stuff...I have no clue how to convert it...and the page is primarily written in ASP/VBScript wouldnt it cause an issue to have partial javascript and vbscript??

felgall
11-26-2007, 06:09 AM
What language you run on the server is irrelevant to what language you use for things to run in the browser. If you want something to run client side then it must be written in JavaScript/JScript unless you are using it on an intranet where everyone has IE.

IE can only run VBScript and JScript and all other browsers can only run JavaScript. Fortunately there is a sub-set of JScript that is similar enough to JavaScript to make scripts that can run as both. There is no such equivalent for VBScript.

DakotaChick
11-26-2007, 05:35 PM
well then Im still back at the issue of not knowing how to convert it. and I'm not much of a "read and learn" type...I'm more of a "see and learn" type so listing off websites to visit wont really help =(

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum