View Full Version : maxlength in a text box

01-10-2003, 09:16 PM
I am writing a javascript where a user can enter as many as they want in a text area. Then when you click on a sumbit button, the text in the text area will be pasted into a text box in another page. When I am doing this, do I have to consider the number of characters is being passed from the text area to text box? meaning the maximum number of characters in the text box?

01-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Don't crosspost. It just wastes everybody's time. Your other thread (in the Post a Javascript forum) has been deleted.

Common mistake, so don't worry, just don't do it again. :)

01-10-2003, 09:46 PM
I didnt notice initially, both looked like same with the word javascript. After that only I noticed and I tried to delete it. But couldnt. Sorry about that.

01-11-2003, 12:40 AM
Hi chelvis, i think u don't have to specify the maximum length of the tetxbox if u paste the text from textarea to textbox. But if u have to paste the text from the textbox back to the textarea, then u have to set the limit for the textbox.

01-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but if you want to limit the number of characters entered into a textarea, this works cross-browser...: