View Full Version : Open window in kiosk mode from VB code?

stevem
11-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Hello,

I know that you can open a window in kiosk mode from the command line by using -k, but I want to do it programmatically. How do you do this from within a .asp page?

P.S. Just to save everybody a lot of typing, I know I can do something "similar" through Javascript. I'm wondering if I can do true kiosk mode from VB.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Steve Manning

felgall
11-12-2007, 07:03 PM
You will need to have it physically start running a new browser since you can't toggle a browser in and out of kiosk mode. You will also have to kill off all applications running on the computer as well since you can't open a browser in kiosk mode if any applications are already running. A browser running in kiosk mode takes over the entire computer allowing nothing else to run.

Of course it is a bit difficult to write a program that first closes itself down and then starts something else up.

stevem
11-13-2007, 03:26 PM
We must be talking about a different kind of kiosk mode. I'm referring to when you go to Run and type in iexpore -k, the browser window that opens up takes over the whole screen, but you can Alt-Tab to other applications that are currently open. You can close the window with Alt-F4.

If it can be done in the command line, there must be a way to do it within VB code - I just don't know the syntax. :confused:

Steve Manning

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum