View Full Version : Paypal help please

king2k5
11-10-2007, 04:23 AM
Ok.. i've asked this before.. and have asked other people on different sites.. and i just CAN NOT get it... can someone please explain in step by step detail HOW im supposed to make this work pleaaaaase.. its very important, and i just do not understand...

What i want is for someone to click the donation button, and if the donation amount is $10 i want them to recieve an item, if its $20 then they recieve 2 of the item, but if they donate $19.99 then they only get one of the item.. and i want it to do this automatically..

can someone please explain to me how to do this? please please please lol

masterofollies
11-10-2007, 04:26 AM
Not enough details to help you out.

king2k5
11-10-2007, 04:28 AM
When a user clicks the donation button, it sends them to paypal, they then donate $10, and when they do, it redirects them back to my site, and says thanks for donating $10, and then my site gives them an item for donating $10, if donated $20, then the item giving script would run twice

PappaJohn
11-10-2007, 05:18 AM
Simply rewording the question doesn't provide any additional information.

"gives them an item" is rather vague.

1. What items?
2. How do they get these items?
3. Do they choose an item or do you?
4. What information about them do you already have so that you know who to give an item to?
5. How far have you gotten trying to solve this?
etc, etc

Lee Stevens
11-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Use a paypal IPN. When a user is logged in they push the paypal donate button wich hidden fileds take over the users ID and when the payment is made it redirects them back to your site saying thank you and when the payment is cleared paypal sends information to the IPN wich then says to your site person with ID "1" has paid. Lastly the IPN sends a automated email to the user with thier "gift" and awards it to thier account.

king2k5
11-11-2007, 03:28 AM
Simply rewording the question doesn't provide any additional information.

"gives them an item" is rather vague.

1. What items?
2. How do they get these items?
3. Do they choose an item or do you?
4. What information about them do you already have so that you know who to give an item to?
5. How far have you gotten trying to solve this?
etc, etc

The items are in game items, It's for an online RPG game..

They get the items after successfully donating.

I choose the item, its the same item for a month at a time, after a month i change the item

I have their in-game username to know who to give an item too...

and i've gotten this far:

if($_GET['st'] == "Completed"){

$amount = $_GET['amt'];

$getitem = floor($amount/10);

echo "You would get $getitem items!";
}

king2k5
11-12-2007, 06:31 PM
can i have some more help pleaaase? this is really important..

psykx
11-12-2007, 06:56 PM
do you have any code your working with? if so show us and can you post a link to the resources your using such as the link to the api documentation?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum