View Full Version : updated site

Christech4000
11-09-2007, 03:29 AM
After posting my last effort I made changes to my class project site i am in school for web design and this site is my going to be my portfolio one day.

www.invision-online.com

gnomeontherun
11-09-2007, 03:51 AM
First you have some layout issues with your text on the homepage. Don't use filenames with gaps, its just bad practice. Its very blank feeling, perhaps figuring out how to make it look less blank (I'm on a 21 inch monitor and theres tons of blank space on right and left). Good job making your code fairly readable.

Apostropartheid
11-09-2007, 08:48 PM
I think perhaps the gradient could start from a darker green and fade into black--it looks quite...unfufilled now.

Refering to the above post, perhaps you could remedy that by making the content's background a different colour, or bordering it?

Even if you don't find the above relevant, please take a spell check on everything.

trigger_tre
11-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Your gradients need a little work. I don't think they are giving the impression that you want.

I altered the green slightly so that it was more of a mint. But the lime green can be used as well it just didn't give the 3d impression with the bright green against the white glare.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2412/inbban520bl3.jpg

I think your definitely headed in the right direction. Much improved from your original attempt.

-trigger

gnomeontherun
11-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Hey this is a class project, so I don't think we should be offering more than just opinions here...

trigger_tre
11-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey this is a class project, so I don't think we should be offering more than just opinions here...

In my OPINION his gradients need work. Hard to explain in words so I offered an example.

This is why I left out the logo eye image. So that I wouldn't be doing all the work for him.

-trigger

Christech4000
11-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks guys I am not looking for hand outs just help..

gnomeontherun
11-10-2007, 05:49 PM
In my OPINION his gradients need work. Hard to explain in words so I offered an example.

Fair enough

trigger_tre
11-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Fair enough

I just looked at your site and noticed a rather important typo.

On the forums here your name is jeremywilken

Your domain name for your website is jeremywilken.com

But the icon image with your name reads jeremyvilken

-trigger

gnomeontherun
11-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Indeed it does, purposefully because the y and v appear to be a w. It was an effect I wanted to create by overlapping the y and v. Maybe it looks like a typo, but I like the effect :thumbsup:

PS I speak German so it would be pronounced with a V :)

trigger_tre
11-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Indeed it does, purposefully because the y and v appear to be a w. It was an effect I wanted to create by overlapping the y and v. Maybe it looks like a typo, but I like the effect :)

Interesting. Well if its on purpose then I like it.

-trigger

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum