View Full Version : What do you all think?

Kip1989
11-06-2007, 10:51 PM
OK. Ive been the webmaster for my Boy Scout troop's website for about a year now. Ive added a few things, but have mostly left the site how it was built originally. Please let me know what you think.

www.troop760.com

binaryWeapon
11-08-2007, 03:13 PM
The whole site looks very 'frontpage', looks like you just pulled it together with an advanced WYSIWYG. The web style nowadays is sleek and dynamic. If you need inspiration,

1) Check out other websites
2) Check out free website templates

With a little work, a great site may emerge.

shyam
11-08-2007, 03:38 PM
the one thing i noticed is that the menu remains the same for all pages except for photos(which goes to a totally different application) and calendar (where all the fancy images go away and ur left with simple text links)

Kip1989
11-09-2007, 04:01 AM
I cant do much about the photo or calender sections, because I havent found any better calender programs and the other photo program sucked. As for the rest of it, I'm pretty sure he did put it together with frontpage or something similar.

vtjustinb
11-10-2007, 05:55 PM
The headings are a little hard to read. I would suggest going back into photoshop, and making an inner glow of about 60% opacity with white as the color and a width of 1-2px to redefine the edge of the text a bit. Especially because they're script.

I echo the sentiments about wanting a consistent look page-to-page in both navigation and content.

Kip1989
11-12-2007, 03:43 AM
The headings are a little hard to read. I would suggest going back into photoshop, and making an inner glow of about 60% opacity with white as the color and a width of 1-2px to redefine the edge of the text a bit. Especially because they're script.

I echo the sentiments about wanting a consistent look page-to-page in both navigation and content.

i thought the same thing when i first saw the site. like i said, i took over this website. as for fixing the headings, i dont own photoshop or any program like it. unless someone can suggest a program similar to photoshop, but alot cheaper(im making minimum wage here, folks), there not going to get fixed for awhile.

twodayslate
11-12-2007, 04:37 AM
need hover on nav

edit: n/m they are just really slow

looks fine compared to most troops

_Aerospace_Eng_
11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
i thought the same thing when i first saw the site. like i said, i took over this website. as for fixing the headings, i dont own photoshop or any program like it. unless someone can suggest a program similar to photoshop, but alot cheaper(im making minimum wage here, folks), there not going to get fixed for awhile.

You could try GIMP (http://gimp.org). Its free and its similar to photoshop but the learning curve is kind of steep.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum