View Full Version : where can I get a privacy policy?

shedokan
11-02-2007, 12:49 PM
I need a privacy plicy for my website.

kosstr12
11-02-2007, 01:50 PM
I believe that you write the Privacy Policy...It's supposed to be about your website.

arthurakay
11-02-2007, 10:14 PM
You could copy another site's, but you would inevitably have to rewrite most of it to fit your site. I'm not advocating plagiarism - but you should look at sites that offer similar services to yours to see what others have written.

The idea is that you should tell your visitors about ANY possible privacy issues.

- Do you collect their email address?
- Do you collect their name/phone/etc?

Say what you do (not) plan to do with that information. You don't need to go into tons of legal mumbo-jumbo... as long as you're not walking a thin line on some legal issue (like SSN or Credit Card information). And if you are worried about anything, contact a lawyer to be safe.

binaryWeapon
11-03-2007, 10:02 PM
google for privacy policy generator. Also there are a lot of guides for creating pps. Also, if you aren't going to collect peoples personal info or email adress, you don't need one. The main reason i think you would need a privacy policy for is if you want to let people know you wont sell their info to companies that will junk mail them.

http://www.the-dma.org/privacy/creating.shtml

saeed
11-05-2007, 07:04 AM
If you are collecting their personal information such as Name, dob, email etc you must have a privacy policy that clearly states tht you wont be passing their personal information to any third party unless said so.

on other hand ... if you are providing free services on your website, whether its mp3 or any articles you should have a disclaimer notice as well.

Plus, if you are providing services which is created by you and you are the actual owner of that thing you should have a copyright message as well.

Hope this will helps you,
ATB :thumbsup:

Regards,
Saeed.

saeed
11-05-2007, 07:15 AM
btw... u need to go through some legal docs ... see yahoo, google, hotmail, orkut or the best way is

what's ur website is offering, if its personal website try search on google and get some ideas from their work. btw.. in case of personal website Copyright and Disclaimer Notice will do.

Saeed.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum