View Full Version : Strange request from my server
10-29-2007, 02:14 AM
Okay, well I've yet to find out 100% if it's my server or my PHP but at any rate, Every time I click some of the links on my site I get this popup asking me to authorize myself for something called 'Project repository'.
I don't know why it does it and every time I refresh it comes back.
If i click OK, since i don't know what the password is for this, it just closes and opens again. When I click cancel, it just goes away no problem.
I just don't understand why its doing it.
And for those of you who may not know what I'm talking about, it looks like this:
Can anybody help me figure out why its doing this and how to stop it?
10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
This is probably a prompt to access a folder within your site that is password protected. Check with your host or in your control panel to see if you can disable it (or figure out what the id and pw is)
10-29-2007, 09:50 PM
As far as it goes i don't think that my folders are protected like that.
I don't have a Cpanel as this is my locally hosted site. I'm using a self modified version of WAMP5.
I'll check if maybe (Yes its true and pretty sad to think about...) Vista may have something to do with it, Seeing as its system is glorified in "Protection".
Thanks, this sets me off in the right direction at least and if my Vista based changes don't take care of the problem than I'll simply chmod the directories.
Thanks again. :)
10-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Look for any htaccess files on your system. htpasswd files should also be looked for as this is what is causing the authentication. Its likely something on your pages are trying to access something on a site that has password protection or something.
10-30-2007, 02:13 AM
Yeah, thats a problem too. I don't have any htaccess in my main root.
I have some in my forums but thats phpbb standards, and i'm not calling anything from there at all.
10-30-2007, 04:55 PM
You got a link to your site?
10-31-2007, 01:05 AM
Well, I don't have a problem any more...
My apache took on this vicious crash and i ended up having to re-install my server applications.
At any rate, that fixed the problem with the unknown authorization file.
I did finally figure it out though. It was caused, some how, by the second server thats behind our router.
This is and FTP only server and is on another computer. But I noticed that my access and parts of my error log had gone missing, on a routine check up of the FTP server I found in the log directory my missing logs.
Thats also where Project Repositories was set. It did have an auth file in it.
But how the two servers crossed platforms is beyond me. They are both remote from on another, and the FTP server has a static config.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.