View Full Version : Viewing form results

odbqpo
10-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Hello, my name is Jonathan and I'm new to html. I'm almost done with a project for school (yes I read the rules, and no this isn't a request for someone to do my homework for me) and I need a little help.

The page in question (http://w3.cnm.edu/~jcram1/1711/contact)

How do I view results from an online form? My textbook mentions two ways, one via email, the other seems to be via a cgi script. I altered and placed the code used in the example in my page, but it didn't do anything (As you may have guessed, I'm new to this stuff, and I have no knowledge of scripts).

Is there an easy way for a newbie to plug in a script into a page and then view the form results online?

Thank you so much in advance, I can complete my assignment with having the form emailed to me... but I would prefer this other alternative.

Thanks again!

Jonathan

Fang
10-28-2007, 07:13 AM
Is there an easy way for a newbie to plug in a script into a page and then view the form results online?
If you mean all results then that would require a database or file to be accessed by a server side script. Something you would have to write yourself.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum