View Full Version : Include Virtual="" problems with css

jcdevelopment
10-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Im not sure if it can happen, but can virtual include affect the css of that file? When its in IE7 & 6 some of my css wont work.

VIPStephan
10-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Look at the output source code and see if there is something weird. Usually if you include a file like that the output source code will only show one single file. The CSS is then applied to that output.

jcdevelopment
10-22-2007, 10:33 PM
ok new development, apparently when you use the {include} on IE7 (its working in IE6 now) it will take this away from me...

body {
behavior:url(csshover.htc)
}

is there a way around this?

dcostalis
10-22-2007, 10:36 PM
IE7 might be stripping your tags because you are missing the quotes around the file name? That's the only thing that I can think of.

jcdevelopment
10-22-2007, 10:50 PM
well, i thought that might work but alas, no go. It works on every single browser but IE7, even IE6 works.... I dont get it, if anyone has any other reasons why please let me know. I will try anything.

jcdevelopment
10-23-2007, 06:12 PM
ok, incase anyone cares. In IE7 if you import or "include virtual" the file you are importing it into must have a <doctype> to it, i was using an existing html file that someone had created and for some reason they had no doctype at the top. Therefore it would not accept the incoming css from the document being imoprted. If you have no idea what i just said let me know

VIPStephan
10-23-2007, 08:11 PM
You should always have a doctype at the top of your documents anyway…

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum