View Full Version : Div/CSS question

10-21-2007, 08:41 PM
I have a table, and inside a

<tr><td width='71%'>Info to the left (want info to the right too)</td></tr>

in that same table, I want to put some info to the right, and I had managed to do so, but it always creates a space, like I pressed enter, then puts the info. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

10-21-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm not too sure what it is that you're attempting to do with the table, so I'm a bit hesitant in answering, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm assuming that you want two columns of text to appear within the cell? I'm still new to this, but I think the way to go about it would be nested divs inside the cell:

<div class="left">X</div>
<div class="right">X</div>

And in your CSS stylesheet, you'd have something roughly resembling the following

div .left {

div .right {
width: 50%;

I'm still new to HTML/CSS, but I *think* that should give you what you need. One of the more experienced members here will probably be able to give you more help...


Oh, I'm not sure...were you wanting two columns, one at 71% and the other at 29%? If so, remove the percent value from the cell's code and just replace the percentages in the CSS markup with the relevant amounts.

10-24-2007, 12:18 AM
not sure I fully understand either but wouuld this work?

<tr><td>column 1 content</td><td>info you want to the right goes here.</td></tr>

I would suggest that you make the table a fixed width for the sake of consistency, though your specific layout may dictate otherwise.