View Full Version : turn a colour image grey scale in Photoshop CS2

crmpicco
10-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Hi all,

I am wondering if it is easy to change an image to greyscale (or just grey :-) ) in Adobe Photoshop CS2. I am a complete newbie to Photoshop and graphics editting and have no idea how to do this - sorry :confused:

Cheers,
Picco
:thumbsup:

PappaJohn
10-20-2007, 10:49 PM
I don't have Photoshop CS2, but in Photoshop 7 its under the Image menu: Image -> Mode -> Grayscale.

crmpicco
10-21-2007, 12:53 AM
yep, thanks very much. found it fine.

Picco

kewlceo
10-21-2007, 04:14 AM
The best habit to get in to is to use non-destructive edits, so in this case you could add an adjustment layer such as Hue/Saturation, then pull the saturation slider all the way to the left.

Layers > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation

PappaJohn
10-21-2007, 04:20 AM
Good point.

crmpicco
10-22-2007, 12:19 AM
thanks for the tips, i'll keep it in mind as i'm likely to be doing a bit more Photoshop work soon as I need to make a banner for my site.

No idea how to do it though :-)

Picco

Karen S. Garvin
10-31-2007, 08:37 PM
There's a very nice tutorial at Popular Photography's website called "I Hate Hue" (http://www.popphoto.com/article.asp?print_page=y&section_id=4&article_id=1418&page_number=1&preview=) by Debbie Grossman, that will walk you through a different conversion process. This process will give you much more control over your final black-and-white image. I've used it successfully and it's very nice. :)

kewlceo
11-18-2007, 12:44 PM
There's a very nice tutorial at Popular Photography's website called "I Hate Hue" (http://www.popphoto.com/article.asp?print_page=y&section_id=4&article_id=1418&page_number=1&preview=) by Debbie Grossman, that will walk you through a different conversion process. This process will give you much more control over your final black-and-white image. I've used it successfully and it's very nice. :)

Thanks, that was a very good article! :thumbsup:

Papa
12-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Some good tutorial sites for photoshop can be found here... www.pixel2life.com

Assistant
01-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Hi all,

Ctrl + U = Will open "Hue/Saturation" box.

Ctrl + Shift + U = this will convert into Grayscale suddenly,

Thanks,
-Muhammad Usman Arshad

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum