View Full Version : How to protect images on web.

01-08-2003, 08:01 AM
Dear Friends,
I want to know is there any way to protect images on web
without disabling right-click. please view this article (http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/748/18) also. What does the term "Digital Watermarking" means.

01-08-2003, 10:23 AM
digital watermarking = invisible bar code.

if you have an image, in a corner, have your site logo, or your url or something.

01-08-2003, 11:07 AM
There is abolutely no way on earth that you can protect an image, a simple "File->Save As" would even do the trick. As long as it can be seen, it can be taken.

01-08-2003, 11:08 AM
thankx man,
can you please arrange me a sample or a link where I can find that image. actually I wanna see whats the diffrence b/w normal image and image with digital watermarking.

Thankx a lot once again.

01-11-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by bfsog
if you have an image, in a corner, have your site logo

The image-lifter could just crop the image so the logo can't be seen :rolleyes:

01-11-2003, 07:47 PM
there is no way to protect them unless they are so untasteful etc. nobody would every want them, if that was the case there would be no need to put them on the web.

So there is no way to protect images.

01-13-2003, 05:08 AM
as such there is no way to protect your images... but legally we can put the lifter up! :)

I had tried this website (http://www.digimarc.com/)
but I am searching for the free tool available on net.. we can also put a small description along with image through Acdsee.

putting the company logo along with the image is useless.
I wish when a user saves the image and when he/she view its properties... it will contain several information about me or my company.. like there is a way in MS Word document but in this case any one can change it properties.

01-13-2003, 09:40 PM
You could use some of the 'power' image editors (Photoshop,Fireworks,Photo Paint, PaintShop Pro). I know Photo Paint does Digital Copyrighting, but not sure about the rest. It simply opens up a popup and you type all of the Copyright info, and it embeds it in the image source. The only problem is that I dont know that many people use it- let alone attempt to read it and see the copyright. Watermarks would be the way to go, though, just put your logo in a place that no one would want to crop at, But your still not safe with Adobe's bandage and bandaid tool capabilities. Sorry. ;)