View Full Version : Country list ComboBox

10-11-2007, 06:45 PM

I am all day long searching but can't find one.I am newbie in making menus.I want to make a dropdown menu box which list country names when we select a country it must open provinces or states in another combo box without loading the whole page.Please help needed urgent.

10-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Search a search engine for "dynamically changing drop down"

Sometimes it's as simple as typing in exactly what you want... :thumbsup:

10-12-2007, 03:48 AM
You will need to use Ajax calls for populating the additional lists. The country dwopdown will have about 250 entries in it to start with. The provinces/states one will have thousands of values to select from depending on the country selected and so a retrieval from the server of just those for the selected country will be way more efficient than including them all in the code.

10-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Can you please share the code here to do this trick ?

10-12-2007, 10:37 AM
I don't have a completed solution built for you but these should get you started.

First you need a country selection dropdown which you can create using my form at:

For the basic code to populate s second dropdown based on the selected entry in the first see:

For some introductory tutorials on how to retrieve values dynamically from the server see:

10-12-2007, 02:23 PM
have u tried using dojo tookit for creating a combo box this will allow text entry and auto complete (works the same as the one in ms access database) also this is as easy as setting up a normal dropdown box.

Dojo Toolkit (http://www.dojotoolkit.com) check out the 0.4.3 version this was the best version for examples.