View Full Version : Editing a live website with Dreamweaver

10-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi all,

I hope you can all help. I'm not sure how to word this so bear with me..... :)

What I'm trying to do is be able to view my site "live" on Dreamweaver with all data from my database on there too. Then I want to edit it "live" and see the changes made as I do them with the data from the databse on there too. I just want to edit some CSS and Tables so I can see visual changes as I do them.

I hope that made sense....does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

Thank you very much!

10-11-2007, 05:02 PM
I assume u are usinmg PHP/MySQL for the database stuff.. So if u have apache/php/mysql all loaded then can just save all your work into the correct folder and just view the site over your localhost.

If you are doing it through your webhost then u can get a FTP client that will upload automatically when u save your work,

10-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks for your help!

This might sound cheeky but could you briefly tell me how to look at the site over a local host?

10-11-2007, 05:29 PM
You need to install, mysql, php, and apache

10-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Thank you!

I really appreciate this.

I'm currently at work but I'm definitely going to try it out tonight. :thumbsup:

10-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Simple way to set up your local hose is to go to this site: http://www.phpvideotutorials.com/

It offers video tutorials to learn PHP. The 1st lesson is all about setting up your localhost and setting up a text editor. Just substitute the text editor he is using with dreamweaver.