View Full Version : Security Subforum- PHP

idalatob
10-01-2007, 08:31 AM
In an ever changing world where we are required to secure our information and remain dynamic with our solutions.

I see so many young coders with sub-standard security standards or even no security at all (registerglobals ftw!! ;-) ) wouldnt it be benificial if there was a subforum related to dealing with security issues. Such as the following for example:

Ie (not internet explorer):
Preventing Mysql Injections.
Handling get variables
Session protection
etc.

Please provide feedback guys, I really think that dealing with security is a vital aspect of coding, and it would really help coders to find a place for both grassroots and advanced security techniques.

Inigoesdr
10-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Personally I don't think there would be enough posts to need a whole new forum. These kinds of things should go into the snippets sub-forum anyway, in my opinion.

Alex Vincent
10-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Perhaps a general security practices forum. Security holes can exist in any application, regardless of the language.

That said, we'd need a clear policy on where threads should go. Case in point, XML forum and HTML forum both accept threads on XHTML. Security issues should be raised in either the language forum appropriate to that language, or in the central forum. Possibly both.

Also take into account the human factor: we humans can cause security-related problems that have nothing to do with any given language, simply by our actions. Case in point: http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/weirdal/archives/human259708.html

idalatob
10-04-2007, 02:48 PM
I think security in general is a very important issue.

Go on, have a look on google (for security tips). Its just not as prevalent as it should be, adding a place where all this information can be found readily will allow another avenue of interest in cf.com & generally improve quality of coding.

Isn't that what we're all about?

rafiki
10-24-2007, 02:30 PM
I think security in general is a very important issue.

Go on, have a look on google (for security tips). Its just not as prevalent as it should be, adding a place where all this information can be found readily will allow another avenue of interest in cf.com & generally improve quality of coding.

Isn't that what we're all about?

i second that
and its good to be back (been gone for about 2 months)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum