View Full Version : How would I do this?

gjindancer
09-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Currently I have three html pages (A,B,C) with a form field which when filled in dynamically ads info onto the webpage, so a user can "preview" their inputted text in a certain way.

I require the inputted text in the form field on page A to be transferred to the form field on page B and if possible the "preview" to be automatically visible also on moving from page A to page B.

Obviously, the nature of a form is to post info, but my first question is - for posting info from one page to another - does this need to be solved in PHP and more importantly will I need to run a mySQL database for it? As it would seem like cracking a nut with an anvil, as I do not wish to store the info.

So my first problem is transfering info from form A to form B and I would be gratefull for any guidance in doing so :D

Then I will need to ensure the info transfered will work with the javascript to allow the "info" to be "previewed" on its adjoining page..

Thanks

Dan

gjindancer
09-28-2007, 01:29 PM
OK - I've done a little research and I can do the transfer firmly in javascript and html - All I need to know now is will the previews show when I get it working? :D

gjindancer
09-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Yeayyy!! done it!! - answer was just lots of javascript from a number of well written how to's !! and a bit of remixing ingenuity!!

bDare
09-28-2007, 11:13 PM
I could use something like this! Could you post a link to these how-to's?

Thanks!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum