View Full Version : How to remove sound from video?

09-24-2007, 09:59 AM
How can i remove the original sound of a video clip and put new sound instead of ?

Regards

gnomeontherun
09-24-2007, 11:46 PM
You have to import the video into an editing program, delete the audio track, and add any sounds you want. iMovie or Windows Movie Maker are two simple options.

09-25-2007, 04:15 AM
i have did that with movie maker but when i am deleting sound the video will delete also. maybe i need to know more.
thanks

gnomeontherun
09-25-2007, 04:30 AM
To delete a sound in Movie Maker, put the video into the project. Select the video clip and go to the Clip menu -> Audio -> Volume - Here you can mute the video.

rocamilla
07-24-2014, 08:10 AM
To delete a sound in Movie Maker, put the video into the project. Select the video clip and go to the Clip menu -> Audio -> Volume - Here you can mute the video.

From a detailed guide on how to remove audio from video (http://www.faasoft.com/articles/how-to-remove-audio-from-video-mac-windows.html), I learn that:

Solution Two: How to Remove Audio from Video only for Windows users?

If you are a Windows user, you can also give Windows Movie Maker a try. Here are the concrete steps:

1. Import the video to a new project and add it to timeline;
2. Click on the bit of the video you want to mute;
3. Click on "Clip" at the top of the screen;
4. Click on audio;
5. Click on mute.

Cons: This way only mute the audio from video rather than delete the audio from video. Furthermore, if your operating system is Mac or your source files are incompatible with Windows Movie Maker, the way will not work at all.

Solution Three: How to Remove Audio from Video only for Mac users?

If you are a Mac user, iMovie is a nice choice to remove sound from video. Here are the concrete steps:

1. Import video to iMovie and place it on the timeline;
2. Select the track in the timeline;
3. Go to "Advanced" tab -> Extract Audio;
4. Select the audio track and delete it.

Cons: This way is only for Mac users. If you are using a Windows or your source files are not supported by iMovie, it is not fit you.

This tutorial also introduces another solution which can remove audio from all kinds of video on Mac and Windows without limitation.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum