View Full Version : Page Refresh Help!

ERAEK
09-24-2007, 01:16 AM
I've got most of my site set up, but one thing is annoying me. On a main page (for example - http://www.happyhourhousewives.com/necklaces.html ) is where it happens. If you click on a thumbnail to get the large view if you're at the bottom of the page, the main page behind the large image jumps back to the top. It's a little frustrating...does anyone know a way of how to park it?

any help would be great!!

effpeetee
09-24-2007, 05:16 PM
I've got most of my site set up, but one thing is annoying me. On a main page (for example - http://www.happyhourhousewives.com/necklaces.html ) is where it happens. If you click on a thumbnail to get the large view if you're at the bottom of the page, the main page behind the large image jumps back to the top. It's a little frustrating...does anyone know a way of how to park it?

any help would be great!!
How do you get your background to stay fixed like that?

http://bonrouge.com/~faq#fixedbg

about a third way down the page.

might be worth looking at.

Frank

VIPStephan
09-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Change this:

<a href="javascript:location='necklaces.html'; window.open('wife.html','wife','height=700,width=594,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,status=no,menubar=no, location=left,resizable=yes')">

to this:

<a href="wife.html" onclick="window.open('wife.html','wife','height=700,width=594,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,status=no,menubar=no, location=left,resizable=yes'); return false;">

And do it this way for all those links with javascript.

ERAEK
09-25-2007, 07:32 PM
In the css this is in the code -
html {
font-family: Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 10px;
background-image: url(happyimages/wallpaper.gif) background-attachment: fixed)
color: #5f5455;
text-align: center;

----In the html this is in the head

<style type="text/css">
body
{
background-image:
url('happyimages/wallpaper6.gif');
background-repeat:
repeat;
background-attachment:
fixed
}
</style>

ERAEK
09-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks!!! That works great...who knew it could be as easy as that!

VIPStephan
09-26-2007, 10:50 AM
By the way: Have you looked at your site in Firefox (or Opera, or Safari, or Konqueror, orů) yet?

You should always get your site straight in standards compliant browsers (like the ones mentioned above) and then fix it for that buggy pile of crap called Internet Explorer, not vice versa.

ahallicks
09-26-2007, 04:11 PM
You should always get your site straight in standards compliant browsers (like the ones mentioned above) and then fix it for that buggy pile of crap called Internet Explorer, not vice versa.

Haha, that's just about the bit-ch-iest comment I've heard you come out with Stephan! I love it!

Anyways, to the op, why do you have some styles in your CSS and other generic styles on the actual page itself? I'm pretty sure it would be a lot easier to keep track of if you kept everything in the same place.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum