View Full Version : Newbie-type question..

Kodiak
01-05-2003, 04:30 AM
Not being the GREATEST computer guy in the world I wondered if you could answer a question for me... and not knowing what forum to post this in I hope this is ok :D

Ok, I have a problem with my computer... I can't view source codes! ... at all! I can right click and hit 'view source' I can go to View and hit 'source' but nothing ever happens... The only way I can do it is by saving a page to my HD and viewing it from there... it's weird and it's bugged me for some time now... and saving every page I want to view to my hard drive is a pain.

Any ideas?

and sorry for posting another source code thread in here ;)

oracleguy
01-05-2003, 05:35 AM
what browser and version are you using?

Kodiak
01-05-2003, 07:36 PM
I'm using IE6

Also, I have XP if that means anything... don't know if anyone else has had that problem ...

Borgtex
01-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Sounds that the link to notepad (or the program used to show the source code) is broken or something like that; maybe you deleted it?

ionsurge
01-05-2003, 08:09 PM
That is what I thought... isn't this a computer related issue?

oracleguy
01-05-2003, 08:57 PM
In IE goto 'Tools' then 'Internet Options' then goto the 'Programs' tab. Is there a program listed under 'HTML Editor'?

Try changing it to notepad if you can.

Kodiak
01-05-2003, 10:24 PM
well, I changed it to notepad but it still doesn't work... if I did delete something do you know how I might get it back? :confused:

bfsog
01-06-2003, 03:55 PM
download it,good way to get it back

MrDoubtFire
01-06-2003, 05:27 PM
Ok, I have a problem with my computer... I can't view source codes! ... at all! I can right click and hit 'view source' I can go to View and hit 'source' but nothing ever happens... The only way I can do it is by saving a page to my HD and viewing it from there... it's weird and it's bugged me for some time now... and saving every page I want to view to my hard drive is a pain.

This is a problem with the browser; for IE go to Tools->Internet Options then delete the Temporary Internet Files. Close the browser/reboot and restart it, you should be able to view source code again.

Hope that helps,

MrDoubtFire

Kodiak
01-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by MrDoubtFire
This is a problem with the browser; for IE go to Tools->Internet Options then delete the Temporary Internet Files. Close the browser/reboot and restart it, you should be able to view source code again.

Hope that helps,

MrDoubtFire

THANK YOU! It worked! :thumbsup:

Funny how it can be something so simple like that :D

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum