View Full Version : Dreamweaver image distortion

robynp
09-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi, I use dreamweaver to manage my website. I find when I reduce the size of my original image (created in photoshop) to fit within the table (in dreamweaver), the image becomes distorted.

I have tried to play around with different w & h in the code but it makes no difference. The original photos are quite large and very clear. I need a small thumbnail size and a larger image (when the user click on the small image they view the larger image). Both images are not as clear as the original jpg photo.

I am not sure if I should save the original image as a smaller size (not sure how to do this) or, can I control the issue within dreamweaver?

Hope you can help as I am getting desperate, :eek: thanks

weir-07
09-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi, I use dreamweaver to manage my website. I find when I reduce the size of my original image (created in photoshop) to fit within the table (in dreamweaver), the image becomes distorted.

I have tried to play around with different w & h in the code but it makes no difference. The original photos are quite large and very clear. I need a small thumbnail size and a larger image (when the user click on the small image they view the larger image). Both images are not as clear as the original jpg photo.

I am not sure if I should save the original image as a smaller size (not sure how to do this) or, can I control the issue within dreamweaver?

Hope you can help as I am getting desperate, :eek: thanks

A large image scaled down into a smaller one without actual editing taking place usually means it will become distroted - i would advise you to use two images. One for the thumbnail and keep the larger one for... the original photo :p

Use something like http://www.irfanview.com/ (free tool) to resize the image to whatever size you may need :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum