View Full Version : what is happening with ASP

chris_angell
09-14-2007, 05:35 PM
hello,, i enjoy using ASP.. but now .NET is about is ASP going to die ???? or are microsoft going to keep it going ????

nikkiH
09-14-2007, 07:15 PM
ASP.NET is the replacement for ASP. There will be no new versions of "classic" ASP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Server_Pages

BarrMan
09-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks! That resource was good.
Does anyone know a better one?

Edit:
So that's where my reply went... -_-
I must have mistakely replied in here when I meant to reply in another post.

chris_angell
09-14-2007, 08:17 PM
but .NET is so structured and it seems to offer less flexability ?? surly it will make people move to PHP...

BarrMan
09-14-2007, 08:26 PM
but .NET is so structured and it seems to offer less flexability ?? surly it will make people move to PHP...
I agree. I don't like .NET too. It's much more different than ASP and from the regular web stracture.

chris_angell
09-14-2007, 08:39 PM
I am the same BarrMan :) I really enjoy ASP but also javascript and Actionscript and CSS.. i like the hands on approach creating a web page.... using .NET components for everything looses this.... That is why i am thinking of moving to PHP...

bill gates should take a long hard look in hte mirror...

nikkiH
09-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Um, you can do inline scripting with .NET, if that's your cup of tea. If you want to ignore the power of it and just use the old way, you can certainly make your .NET stuff look just as messy and disorganized as your classic ASP. ;)

Personally, now that I'm used to it, I'd never go back.
I never have to code a fricken loop through a recordset with all the horror of formatting again, and I LOVE it. GridView is the bomb.

telmessos
09-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Guys,

Trust me once you learn .NET you will enjoy it. It gives a big advantage of not using Javascript. You can do whatever you want just like VB programs. Plus many new components. But if you are interested in PHP style more. I recommend you to have a look at the new Delphi libraries which has some kind of similar advantages like .NET :)

Thanks

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum